Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Monday, May 28, 2012

Me, Myself, and I (plus my cats)

I am not just a book person, I have a life apart from reading. What's that I hear? My friends laughing that I have a life? Yeah, probably.

Anyway I thought I'd do something from time to time to let you get a glimpse into my life. Today's topic is my cats. I have two cats that are alive. And one that passed away.

Rascal:
 We got Rascal seven years ago on July 3. My mom and little sister heard her crying in a ditch when they were going to the store. Then on the way home she tried to cross the road. They got out of the car, stopped traffic, and brought her home.  She was so tiny and weighed an ounce. We think she was the runt and left by her family. It's estimated that she was only a day old because she opened her eyes the 10th day we had her. My family spent the next few weeks bottle feeding her with homemade kitten milk. I can't imagine life without her.





Ponyboy:
Doesn't she look happy?
My dad found Pony (we shortened her name when we found out that Ponyboy was actually Ponygirl, oops) on March 9th this year. She's lucky to be alive as she was hidden under my car and my dad been moving it all day.  We estimate that she was a day or two old because my dad had moved the car a few days ago, and she wasn't there. She was also bottle fed. Except we used kitten formula from the store. She's so cute and rambunctious. I guess my family attracts abandoned kittens.



Scooter: Sadly I don't have a picture of her on the computer and I don't have a scanner. But she was a blue point Himalayan.

We got Scooter when her owner, my dad's best friend died. She was a trophy cat and wasn't treated like family, but a cat. So she wasn't very friendly. But we were as good to her as she would let us be. She was pretty old when we first got her as she had been born when I was real little. My older sister adores her! And we loved her too and I'm really sad she's gonw. Plus we got her before the other cats. When she died my mom told me when we were at Wal-Mart getting cat food. She goes to get the smaller bag and I tell her we need the big bag because we have 2 cats. She looks at me and says "Not anymore." Thanks for being so gentle mom.

1 comment:

  1. I love animals! Omg! These kittens are precious!! So glad to see other animal lovers.

    New follower here (:

    Chelsey@Charming Chelsey's

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...